The Easton Experience – 9/13
If you have been to Easton in the last six months, you can feel that it’s a happening place. You know that they are up to something good.
Are you scratching your head wondering, “How did they do it?” The restaurants keep getting better. Small food and beverage businesses keep popping up. The excitement keeps growing. We have heard people talking about moving to downtown Easton. What is going on there?
So much about their economic resurgence centers on local food.
We know that they have the longest-running continuously operating outdoor farmers market in the country, but the truth is, there is so much more happening.
Have you been intrigued by the “Easton Experience,”and want to learn more about what they did and how they did it?Join us for “The Easton Experience,” next Tuesday, September 13th at the Easton Public Market and learn what is in Easton’s “special sauce” from some of the people that were key to making it happen, including:
- Mayor Sal Panto
- State Representative Robert Freeman on the History of the Farmers Market
- Jared Mast, Ambassador Program and the role of GDEP
- Megan McBride, Easton Farmers Market
- Kim Kmetz, Easton Main Street
- Tod Auman from Dundore & Heister, “Why I came to Easton”
- Ben Scholl of Scholl’s Orchard, The Farm/City Connection
- Jo Moranville, Garlic Fest, Growing a Food Festival With Care
- Serial entrepreneur, Troy Reynard, with Cosmic Cup
- Allison Czapp, Buy Fresh Buy Local of the Greater Lehigh Valley
We’ll start with lunch at noon, followed by a panel discussion, then small group table discussions. You’ll become inspired and then be able to connect with panelists and other local resources for lessons learned and practical advice.
Lunch will be provided. There is no cost to attend this event thanks to the generosity of our sponsor, Samuel Adams Brewing the American Dream.
However, seating is limited, so please register today at: http://tinyurl.comj6er2xf
We hope to see you there!