CACLV Community Forum on Budget Crisis today
Posted by Beata Bujalska
For all of you who know about this event, consider this post a reminder to come. For all of you who do not know yet, I urge you to attend and show your support, despite the late notice.
Community Action Committee of the Lehigh Valley (CACLV) is convening a community forum to discuss the state budget crisis and severe cuts that have been proposed for vital programs in such areas as community and economic development, social services, health care, education and the arts. These cuts will cause irreperable damage to the communities in the Lehigh Valley, and, as CACLV’s Executive Director Alan Jennings insightfully puts it, “It is hard to imagine how we maintain anything resembling a quality of life if the Pennsylvania Senate’s budget proposal prevails.”
It is urgent that as many supporters as possible come out to this community forum.
The event is TODAY, Friday, June 26, at 2:00 pm at the Forte Building (1337 E. Fifth Street, Bethlehem).
CACLV has some great speakers lined up for the event, including:
- James Geiger, Senior Vice President, Operations, Lehigh Valley Hospital and Health Network
- Roberta Marcus, Parkland School Board Member and President-Elect, Pennsylvania School Board Association
- Carol Obando-Derstine, Executive Director, Children’s Coalition of the Lehigh Valley
- Mayor Sal Panto, City of Easton
- John Stoffa, Northampton County Executive
For questions or comments abotu the event, contact Elisa Zaehringer, CACLV, at 610-434-0875 or firstname.lastname@example.org.